These are surprisingly easy, nutritious and delicious to make.
Stuffed Aubergines (Vegetarian)
– 1 aubergine -Olive oil, for greasing -1 large tomato -1 handful of parsley leaves -2 generous handfuls of cheddar/parmesan cheese -Salad, to serve
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Cut the aubergine in half after removing the stem. Cut and scrape the insides out and set them aside. Grease the aubergine halves in olive oil and place under the grill, turning them over as the brown.
- Meanwhile, cut the insides into small cubes. Also cube the tomato and tear up the parsley leaves. Mix together.
- Once the aubergine halves are cooked, remove from the grill. Stuff the insides with the cubes and press down the cheese on top. Place back under the grill and leave for about five minutes until brown and bubbling. Serve with salad.