Come on summer…
Blueberry Lemon Cake
-225g granulated sugar -2tbsp lemon juice -180g plain flour -2tsp baking powder -Pinch of salt – 1/2 cup of milk -1/2tsp vanilla essence -3 large eggs -1tbsp lemon juice -1/2 cup vegetable oil -300g blueberries -1/4tsp plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a 20cm/9inch deep circular baking tin with baking parchment.
- Mix the sugar and the lemon juice together. Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in the milk along with the vanilla essence. Then mix in the eggs, followed by the lemon juice and the vegetable oil.
- When it has mixed well, add the blueberries with the 1/4tsp of plain flour and gently mix in.
- Scrape into the baking tin and bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 1hr or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave on a wire rack to cool in the tin before turning out the cake onto the wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.