Some nice little berry biscuit treats. Very simple, only uses three ingredients, vegetarian/gluten/vegan friendly. Cooked blueberries are surprisingly delicious…
-4 medium sized ripe bananas -1-3cups of porridge oats -1 cup of blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a square tray with baking parchment.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl.
- Stir in the oats with a fork, a cup at a time, until the oats seem to have absorbed the banana. The mixture should cling together, like a biscuit mixture, and be a little sticky. Be careful not to overdo it with the oats so that it is too dry.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Scrape the contents of the bowl onto the prepared tray. Using the fork, press down onto the mixture, smoothing it out over the surface of the tray. You want it to be thinnish and flat. Think flapjacks.
- Cut the flattened mixture into squares before placing in the centre of the oven and cooking for about 10-15 minutes, or until the oats are golden brown and the blueberries are cooked.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.